Monday, May 11, 2009

Sin Fang Bous



I like this video from Sin Fang Bous, which is a pseudonym for Icelandic musician Sindri Mar Sigfusson, formerly of SeaBear. Can't say I like the music as much as the artwork in the video though. The word "fey" comes to mind, or "overly innocent" in some cloying way. It was directed by Ingibjorg Birgisdottir for Morrmusic.

I suppose it reminds me of animated films I've seen before, but incorporates some Junior High School looking methods a fan might use while doodling on his/her notebook during a boring lecture. That in itself encapsulates an integral element of pop music: youth and a huge desire to escape boredom. I'd like to see the artists who were involved create a Main Title for a movie. Though I probably wouldn't see it when it hit the theaters. Scott Foundas would give it a rave review in the LA Weekly because it was directed by some Hollywood kingpin's granddaughter; and there would be pop-up movie trailers on internet sites, which annoy me; maybe even ads on that terrible LED outdoor billboard that rises above the auto repair shop adjacent to Spaceland here in Silverlake. That would certainly insure that I'd never see the movie. But maybe the main title would be cool. We have to take any little appreciation we can find don't we?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels